This vegetable soup is the perfect bowl of goodness for a chilly winter night. You can make a big batch and freeze some for whenever you are time-poor. Get creative with this recipe by using up whatever you have in your fridge!
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon organic ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon organic ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon organic ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon organic ground pepper
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 small cauliflower, chopped
- 1 + 3/4 cups organic soup mix
- 400g tin organic diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp organic tomato paste
- 4 cups chopped fresh silverbeet/spinach or kale
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- Soak the soup mix in water overnight or for minimum 8 hours.
- Combine onions, carrots, garlic, oil, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon and pepper in a slow cooker.
- Add stock, water, cauliflower, soup mix, tomatoes and tomato paste and stir until well combined.
- Cover and cook until the legumes are tender, 4 to 5 hours on High or 8 to 10 hours on Low.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking, stir in spinach.
- Just before serving, stir in coriander and lemon juice.
- Enjoy this chunky style vegetable soup with some warm crusty bread, yum!
- You can blend the soup once cooked if you like a smoother consistency.