This Vegan Tom Kha Gai is an authentic Thai soup with delicious spicy and sour flavours! Great for a cold day or if you’re feeling under the weather..
• 2 cups coconut milk
• 3 cups vegetable stock
• 3-4 kaffir lime leaves, torn
• 3″ piece of galangal, sliced thinly
• 1 medium onion, quartered
• 4 stalks lemongrass, bruised then cut into 2″ pieces
• 3-4 red chilies, or to taste. sliced into larger pieces (makes it
easier to avoid eating a big piece if you need to)
• 1 package firm tofu, drained and pressed, cut into 1″ cubes
• 1 cup mushrooms, quartered
• 1 tsp sugar
• ¼ tsp pepper
• 3 tbsp lime juice
• 2 tbsp Bragg’s Soy Seasoning
• 4 tbsp minced coriander
• In a stock pot bring the vegetable stock to a boil. Add galangal,
lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, onion and sugar.
Simmer 5 minutes.
• Add coconut milk, chilies, and soy sauce. Simmer 5 more minutes.
• Add tofu and mushrooms and heat through.
• Remove the pot from heat and add lime juice and cilantro.
Serve with steamed rice or coconut Jasmine rice.
Recipe by Elle O’Carroll, Manager of Aunt Maggie’s Fitzroy (@ellenmaire)