A sweet yet healthy twist on your usual cupcake by KADAC. These are perfect for kids going back to school, a treat for parents with a cup of tea or just a fun holiday activity to get your kids involved in healthy cooking.
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 1 x 400g Global Organics Cannellini Beans, rinse and drain
- ½ cup Global Organics Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Global Organics Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup Global Organics Coconut Oil
- 4 large free range eggs
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ¼ cup Global Organics Coconut Sugar
- ½ cup Global Organics Coconut Oil
- ½ cup unsalted butter diced*
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup Global Organics Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Global Organics Desiccated Coconut, plus extra
- ¼ cup Global Organics Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 170°C fan forced. Line a 12 cup, cupcake tray with cupcake papers.
- Separate eggs and beat egg whites with the vinegar and salt, until soft peaks form. Slowly add maple syrup, while beating until stiff.
- In a blender, combine beans, yolks, almond meal, baking soda, vanilla, melted coconut oil and blend until smooth.
- Fold the two mixes together, fill the cupcake moulds to almost full and bake for 20-25mins or until golden. Use a skewer until it comes out clean. Once cooked, cool on a rack then chill in the fridge or on the bench until cold.
- For the frosting beat or blend all the ingredients together. Set aside in the fridge.
- In a blender, combine snowball ingredients and blend.
- Roll into balls, chilling for 10 minutes if needed to stiffen the mix. Roll in extra desiccated coconut to coat.
- Pipe the icing onto your cupcakes and top with a snowball.
- Extra snowballs can be kept in the fridge for up to a month (if they last that long).
*For a nut free option use desiccated coconut
*For a dairy free option use a good quality vegan butter