If you’re tired of the same old breakfast in the morning try these! The chia seeds are a wholesome delicious base, rich in essential Omega 3 fatty acids, folate and more. If you put these in the fridge now they’ll be ready for a quick breakfast in the morning :)
Chia Puddings Base
- 1/3 cup white chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (Honey doesn’t mix well but you could use coconut nectar)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Fresh Strawberries, halved
- Fresh Blueberries
- Kiwi fruit, sliced
- Mint leaves
- A cup of your favourite fruit smoothie!
- Add all of the base ingredients into a container, something that you can cover and store in the fridge overnight. Make sure you mix all of the ingredients really well! If the chia seeds aren’t mixed properly they’ll gel together and become hard.
- In the morning just half the chia mixture into two cups, top with your favourite smoothie and heaps of fresh fruit! Serve straight away.
- The base recipe can be doubled if you want to make more. For the toppings use whatever is in season, we just got heaps of Strawberries and Blueberries in store that we can’t stop eating!
Did you know?
Chia seeds contain higher levels of healthy omega-3 fatty acids than any other plant food (21%). Chia seeds also lower blood pressure and serum triglycerides (“bad” blood fats), increase HDL (“good”) cholesterol, prevent diabetes mellitus type 2, reduce cardiovascular disease risk and inhibit the accumulation of abdominal fat. They enhance liver function and curb dangerous spikes in blood sugar levels after high-carbohydrate meals. Chia seeds are also a high source of cancer-preventing bioflavonoids.