This vibrant salad is high in protein from the ancient grain quinoa, plus it is high in antioxidants and rich in flavours. The berries make it ideal for serving with roast chicken or with smoked tofu.
• 2 cups red Quinoa
• 1 pomegranate
• 1 cup Real Good Food Organic Berry Power Pack or Berry High Protein Mix
• 1 red lettuce – (we used radicchio)
• ½ cup fresh mint leaves or 1 tablespoon dry mint
• ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
• ½ cup Olive Oil
• 1 tablespoon Dijon or Wholegrain Mustard
• Fine Sea Salt and pepper to season
• Cook the quinoa to pack directions and set aside to cool.
• De-seed the pomegranate and combine with the quinoa and berry mix. This can be kept in the fridge until ready to serve for up to 2 days.
• Wash the lettuce and cut or tear into bite size pieces, arrange on a large platter and scatter over the mix.
• Chop the mint then mix with the vinegar, oil, mustard and seasoning. Drizzle over the salad just before serving.
Image from: pickupthefork.com