Warm and wholesome this is such a comforting dish that you’d typically expect in winter, but it doesn’t leave you feeling heavy! The summer berries really make this a glorious summer breakfast bowl, enjoy x
Quinoa Breakfast Bowl Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup black quinoa, rinsed well
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (we love unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tsp coconut nectar
- 1-2 cups seasonal fresh fruit, try;
- diced mango
- diced kiwi fruit
- 1/2 cup dried fruit, hemp seeds, pepitas or nuts
- 1/4 cup warmed almond milk (optional)
- Fill a small pot with milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer, add your quinoa, cover and cook on low until liquid evaporates, about 20 to 25 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Divide the hot quinoa in 2 bowls, top each with chosen fruit & nuts, drizzle with coconut nectar. Add warm milk if desired.
Note: You can use any Quinoa! We just think black quinoa looks the coolest ;)
This gluten-free “superfood” grain is high in protein (15%), dietary fibre, magnesium and potassium. It has a low glycaemic index (GI) – less than half that of wheat. Quinoa has lower levels of diabetes-causing sugars such as sucrose and fructose than other grains. Quinoa suppresses appetite, reduces weight gain and lowers triglycerides (“bad blood fats”) levels. Beneficial plant lipids in quinoa delay skin ageing by preserving the skin’s collagen content. It is the least allergenic of all grains.