Auntie’s Puffed Rice & Hemp Seed Bars!
The perfect seed bar for the lunch box! Wholegrain rice to keep you full and hemp seeds the little nutrient powerhouse, 30% good fats, rich in essential fatty acids, protein and more! Great topped with some PB.
- 4 cups puffed rice
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1 cup cornflakes (sugar free)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup (I used coconut treacle)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- On the stove over medium heat combine the rice malt syrup, honey and coconut oil.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients, mixing well to stir and combine all the bits from the bottom of the bowl.
- Press into a lined 24cm square baking dish (I used a 22cm square silicone cake pan this time- no need to line!).
- Refrigerate for three hours or until set.
- Cut into the sizes you want.
- Keep in the fridge.