So what the lupe is lupin?
Lupin Flakes pack a seriously tasty powerful punch. As one of the world’s richest source of combined protein and fibre, this Aussie-grown little legume is gluten free, low GI and only 4% carbs. Plus they’re rich in calcium, potassium, magnesium and iron. Lupin incredible!
Recipe by Shara Gillow for The Lupin Co, view the original recipe here.
Prep time 25 minutes, Makes 12
- 2 cups toasted Lupin Flakes
- 1¾ cups shredded coconut
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¾ cup dates
- 6 tbsp water
- Add Flakes to a hot dry pan and stir continuously over medium heat for 3 – 4 minutes until golden, or roast on a baking tray in a low oven (150°C) until golden.
- Use a food processor or blender to combine all ingredients.
- Roll into bite size balls.
- These can be stored in the freezer to keep their freshness longer.
For an added treat try rolling the balls in shredded coconut & chopped cranberries, or crushed almonds or even sesame seeds.