Bursting with flavour, this homemade granola is the perfect way to start your day or curb an afternoon sweet tooth with this healthy snack!
Recipe by Thesaltedcookie.com
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with edges with a parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, coconut, walnuts, cinnamon and shelled pumpkin seeds.
- Over low heat, gently whisk the sugar, maple syrup, and olive oil in a small saucepan just until the sugar has dissolved. Pour the liquid into the oat mixture using a spatula to evenly coat the dry ingredients.
- Spread the granola over the prepared cookie sheet, sprinkle with sea salt and bake at 325 degrees (160C) for about 30 minutes until the granola is dry, stirring with a spatula a few times to ensure it bakes evenly.
- Fold in the dried cranberries.
- Allow to cool before storing in an air-tight container or mason jar. Enjoy!