Too many left-overs piling up in the fridge, and only some sad looking mismatched veggies in your crisper? This Frittata is my go to recipe for these exact moments when I haven’t had a chance to shop for myself! Below is my base recipe, things I pretty much always have in my Kitchen but feel free to alter it to your tastes. You can even add last nights left over pasta, just chop the pasta into smaller pieces or the potato salad you forgot to take for lunch.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 rashers bacon (diced)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 2 cups spinach (torn or chopped roughly)
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 6 eggs (beaten)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Heat oil in fry pan and fry bacon, garlic and onion until cooked.
- Peel and diced potatoes and put into boiling water for 15 mins until soft, drain water.
Let potatoes cool for 10 mins.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and milk together.
Add cheese, spinach and fried bacon, onion and garlic mix. Stir in potatoes.
- Place mixture into greased baking dish, cook for 35-45 mins or until cooked firm
in the middle.
- Serve hot of cool with your favourite salad.