Warm summer nights and heaps of sweet corn in season = the best corn salsa ever! Serve this crisp corn salsa with black beans and avocado on your favourite tortillas for an easy peasy summer meal.
- 2 large ears corn
- 1/4 red onion, diced.
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeds slightly removed and diced.
- 1 chilli, seeded and finely diced
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- juice of one lime.
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander, washed and roughly chopped.
- Remove husk from corn and simmer in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, coriander and onion to a bowl. If you like it spicy add a diced chilli, I remove the seeds so it’s not too hot.
- Remove corn from water and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Cut the kernels from the corn and add to bowl with tomatoes, chilli, onion and chopped coriander.
- Season with salt, pepper and lime juice.
- Enjoy fresh!