“Salads and me are bffs. I like salads the way some people like big, drippy burgers stacked high with bacon and cheese. I really like big piled on salads. A-little-bit-of-everything-salads. Kitchen sink salads. Like the cobb salad. Avocado, eggs, bacon, olives, tomatoes, blue cheese. Perfection in a bowl.”
– Recipe by soupaddict.com
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cups black beluga lentils (or French du puy lentils)
- 2 heaping cups torn romaine lettuce
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, peeled, pit removed, sliced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 3 slices vegetarian bacon (I used Fakin Bacon tempeh)
- 1/4 cup pitted and sliced castelvetrano or kalmata olives
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- 2 heaping tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- your favourite red wine vinaigrette
- Bring the water to a boil in a small, lidded pot. Add the lentils, cover, reduce heat to maintain a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes. Drain, and set aside to cool.
- While the lentils simmer, cook the vegetarian bacon according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Build the salad, dividing the remaining ingredients between two serving bowls. Start with the lettuce, then spoon in the cooled lentils. Arrange the tomatoes, avocado slices, eggs, bacon, and olives on top of the lentils. Sprinkle with the herbs and drizzle with a bit of vinaigrette. Serve with additional vinaigrette.