This delicious Vegan Tahini Hummus is ready in just 15 minutes! Serve with Ceres Organic Rice bites for a delicious afternoon snack. This recipe makes 8 servings, perfect if you’re planning on impressing your friends at a Spring picnic this season!
Recipe by Ceres Organics
- 3 medium size carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 can Organic Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) (rinsed and drained)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Organic Sesame Seeds, Hulled
- Natural Herb Salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- ⅓ cup Organic Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Cold-Pressed
- Cook carrots in salted, boiling water for 10 minutes, or until very tender. Drain and cool.
- Puree garlic, chickpeas and carrots in a food processor. Add lemon juice and tahini. Season.
- With the motor running, drizzle in olive oil to form a smooth but firm paste. Transfer to a glass container.
- This delicious hummus will keep for 2-3 days if kept refrigerated in an airtight container.