Chamomile may not be new to the health game, but it’s certainly a game changer! Known to reduce stress, promote relaxation and boost immunity, I Quit Sugar have come up with a cooling tonic to replace those sugar-laden fizzy drinks using chamomile, creamy coconut and zesty orange.
- 2 tablespoons chamomile blossoms, fresh or dried.
- 1/2 teaspoon rice malt syrup.
- Peel of one orange, cut into strips.
- 250 ml sparkling water.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk.
- In a small saucepan over a medium heat, combine ⅓ cup (80ml) water, chamomile blossoms, rice malt syrup and orange peel. Cook for 2 minutes, until water becomes fragrant. Allow to cool completely in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Remove orange peels and transfer cooled mix to a glass with ice. Pour in sparkling water and top with coconut milk. Gently stir to combine for a creamy coconut taste.
Recipe by iquitsugar.com