Bone Broths are just like soup stocks though usually boiled for at least 24 hours. The boiling process produces a nutrient-rich liquid, high in minerals and amino acids! Benefits from the nutrients in broths include helping repair the gut, aiding digestion and being great for hair, skin and nails.
But if all that home preparation sounds daunting, you can find packaged bone broths that are still made in a traditional, slow-cooked way. Here’s a delicious recipe from our friends Broth Bliss using their Bone Broth!
- Olive oil
- 1 chopped brown onion,
- 2 chopped tomatoes,
- 2 large chopped carrots,
- 2 chopped celery stalks,
- 100g sliced and peeled potatoes,
- 100g chopped sweet potato
- 2 chopped beetroot
- 500ml Broth Bliss Chicken Bone or Beef Bone Broth
- Heat some olive oil and brown the onion. Add the tomatoes first and then add the remaining veggies.
- Cover with Broth Bliss chicken Bone Broth or Beef Bone Broth and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Blend to desired consistency.
- Will last in the fridge for 3-4 days or you can freeze any left over.