Zero waste! Don’t throw away your Achacha skins, use them for this delicious water infusion. High in Vitamin C and Folate.
- Soaked Skins
- 6-8 skins only per Litre
- 1-2 litres of water
- Sugar Syrup
- 1 Caster sugar
- 1 cup Water
Method Skin Infusion:
- Save Achacha skins after eating the white pulp.
- Fill a jug with 1 litre of water (make more but using same proportions – 6-8 skins per litre).
- Crunch skins into the water and leave to infuse at least overnight, preferably longer.
- Once the water is quite orange, strain off the skins and discard or compost. This infusion can be used as a base for the Achacha Thirst Quencher, Achacha granita or a variety of cocktails.
Method Sugar Syrup:
- Bring sugar and water to a simmer for 5 minutes, leave to cool. Keep in a jar and use as desired.
- Note: There are alternatives to the sugar syrup, stevia, honey, ginger syrup, vodka, mint, mineral water, use your imagination.
Recipe from Acacha.com