Did you know? Chia seeds contain higher levels of healthy omega-3 fatty acids than any other plant food (21%). This super delicious chia jam is not only a yummy, healthy alternative to supermarket jams it’s also a great way of preserving your summer fruits for just a little bit longer!
- 2 tbs Chia Seeds
- A squeeze of lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen fruit
- 1 tbs liquid sweetener of choice
- Water to desired consistency
- In a saucepan on medium heat add the berries, lemon juice and some water if you need to. Heat until the berries are soft and mashable.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the chia seeds. Make sure you mix them really well so that you don’t get any clumps.
- Pour into jar, then place into the fridge for at least an hour to thicken up.
- In an airtight container this jam will keep for up to a week!